Warmth of the people and majesty of the region is what attracts serious anglers to Argentine Patagonia. Of course the dynamic trout fishing from a new riverfront lodge doesn’t hurt either. The Pilolil Canyon on the Alumine is remote, hard to access, and full of bulky brown and feisty rainbow trout looking up. At the top lies handsomely appointed Alumine River Lodge offering comfort and unparalleled access to the canyon and numerous tributary rivers and spring creeks up and downstream of the lodge on the Alumine system. This fishery offers remarkable, accessible diversity.
The regional water accessibility is significant. The Alumine, Collon Cura, Lower Malleo, and Quillen Rivers are complemented by the lesser known Litran, Pulmari, Malalco, Relem, and Rucachoroi Rivers, all guided by the top outfitted guides in the area, Patagonia Outfitters.
Riverfront at the head of Pilolil Canyon, the newly constructed five en suite bedroom lodge hosts up to 10 guests surrounded by warm river stone and local timber highlights. So close to the river, you could likely roll cast to rising trout on the home pool during cocktails and asado deck-top.
4, 5 and 6 wt. rods with floating lines and corresponding sink tips will get the job done. Sun protection, layering systems and rain / wind gear should accompany a waterproof daypack. Traditional “trout trip” packing applies. A full pre-trip is offered upon booking.
• Nearby to San Martin Regional Airport and central to other Patagonia destinations, such as, Limay River Lodge, San Huberto, Tipiliuke, Arroyo Verde and Quemquemtreu.
• Top rods / reels / waders / boots are available at the lodge. Pack light if you wish. Guides have generous fly selections.
• New outfitter owned Toyota Hilux and Ford F-150’s move anglers in comfort.
• A riverfront property for those anglers that just cannot get enough fishing in.
• Multiple river environments and topography accommodate fishing from modern drift boats and rafts and walk and wade.
Rate for the 2021 season is $980 per angler/night. Single room/guide supplements apply. San Martin airport transfers included; other regional transfers quoted upon booking. Fishing license required.
UK Managing Director
Senior Program Manager
Specializes in Alaska and Canada fishing, and South America fishing and big game programs.
Senior Program Manager
Specializes in South America, Mexico, and Iceland fishing programs.
Specializes in South America fishing and shooting departments. Plus, fishing in Mongolia and Canada.
Alumine River Lodge