The newly constructed riverfront destination offers fly fishers and conventional fishing guests unmatched, warm-water Argentine species diversity from a river-access-only lodge. The seven-acre property is located in Corrientes province on the legendary Parana River—the border of Argentina and Paraguay. In this tropical province, the Parana flows controlled well below the Yacyreta dam. The river is rich with species along high flora-shrouded banks, vast sand bars, islands that create deltas, and smaller "riachos" or braids.
Custom 21-foot Marsopa bay boats with 150 4-strokes, fore and aft casting decks, and poling platforms are built exclusively for Suinda. Fly and conventional anglers cast to pira pita targeting insects in the jungle canopy, monster pacu sipping fruit and flowers, and river-hardened ambush-minded dorado.
Suinda Lodge lies on a grassy vista overlooking the Parana River with Paraguay on the horizon. Four bedrooms accommodate up to eight guests in air-conditioned suites. Professionally prepared Argentine and international cuisine are paired with legendary Bodega Catena Zapata wines.
6 wt. fly rods for Pira Pita and 8 wt. for Dorado/Pacu w/ floating lines and tropical sink-tips lines for heavier rods. Knotable wire leader is a must. Tropical weight flats clothing and plenty of sun protection is necessary. A full gear list is provided upon booking.
• Both conventional and fly tackle are available at the Suinda Lodge.
• Regular daily flights to Corrientes or Resistencia 90 minutes from the lodge.
• Close proximity to PRO and Pira make this destination ideal for a combination dorado trip.
• The lodge has professional chef and AC.
• The fishing program accepts just 8 anglers each week.
• The upper Parana should be considered a multi-species river and all are targeted daily to round out an amazing dorado experience.
• Telephone and internet service.
• Top quality fly and spin gear for loan.
7-night/6-day fishing package: $5,950/angler. 5-night/4-day fishing package: $4,625/angler. Suinda entertains any length of stay; inquire for rates. Single boat and room supplement: 60%. Fishing licenses: $50/person. Regional transfer costs apply. October 2019 – May 31, 2020.